CL23 SERIES DESCRIPTION
High Response Coupling
Candy’s CL23 Series is a zero-backlash, high response coupling designed for optimal performance required in servo motor applications. Its integral rubber body maintains torsional rigidity while absorbing vibration and misalignment. The CL23 is designed for optimal performance exhibiting high speed, high response, high torque, vibration dampening and electrical isolating characteristics.
• High response, torsionally stiff servo coupling
• High speed couplings up to 42,000 rpm
• Integral rubber body absorbs vibration
• Rubber body provides electrical isolation
• High torque, zero-backlash, flexible shaft
• Inch, metric and mixed bores available
Aluminum Alloy Body
Elastomer/Rubber Hub Connection
Clamp Collar Shaft Connection
CL23 SERIES INSTALLATION
High Response Coupling
- Please observe the allowable tolerance of eccentricity, angular misalignment and endplay between shafts.
- The bolts must be tightened according to the specified torque.
- The temperature range is – 20 to 80° C. Rubber elastomers should be kept away from environments with water, oil, acid, etc.
Storage or use in direct sunlight may also shorten the service life.
- Do not tighten the clamping bolt before inserting shafts.
- Confirm whether the clamping bolt of the coupling is loose, and remove any rust, dust or oil on the shaft and the inner diameter of the coupling. Lubricants and contaminants have a significant impact on the friction coefficient of the coupling and must be removed.
- Insert the coupling onto the motor or driving shaft. The insertion length must be close to the length of the side joint of the
coupling, so that the clamping face has enough contact surface with the shaft to ensure enough friction.
- When the clamping bolt is loose, please confirm the coupling can move slightly along the axial and rotation directions. If the movement is not smooth, please readjust the centering of the two shafts. This method is recommended as a simple confirmation method of left and right concentricity. If the same confirmation method cannot be used, please use other measurement methods to confirm installation accuracy.
- After confirming the coupling can move smoothly along the axial and rotation directions, tighten the two clamping bolts. When tightening the bolts, use a calibrated torque wrench and tighten bolts according to the tightening torque listed in the parameter table.
- As an anti-loosening measure, it is recommended to use the correct tightening torque again for re-tightening clamping screws after a period of operation.